The finish line is in sight. My wife has returned the last chapter to me and I’m plugging holes left and right. She’ll get the completed manuscript, from cover to cover, this weekend and she assures me she’ll be done by Sunday night. Then it’s off to my beta readers. They’ll have a week to go through it and suggest changes. Then it’s off to the editor, and if things go my way, I’ll be able to release Amulet of Aria by the end of the month.
I thought it’d be a cool way to follow progress by indicating what steps are left below and then showing which stage its at. So, without further ado, here are the remaining steps:
1. Finish the darn book. Done!
2. Give the last chapter to my wife. Done!
3. Last chapter returned, changes implemented. Done!
4. Give completed manuscript to wife. Have her read from cover to cover. Done!
5. Implement any changes from final perusal. Done!
6. In the hands of the beta readers. Done!
7. Implement any necessary changes suggested by beta readers. Done!
8. Given to editor and is now being edited. Done!
9. Follow editor’s advice and make changes. Done!
10. Submit to Amazon & Smashwords and get the sucker released! Done!
11. Finalize print edition and order proof copy! Done!